I really need help

Hi, well i cant connect my Pc to the wireless connection, I have a Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Broadband Router with a HP laptop (pavillon) with windows vista, So plz could ya help me out ? i need to know how to get it online?,, like a step by step;)

Im noob on vista im sorry..................thanks in advice........

Linky

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Linky
Loading thread data ...

thread:

formatting link
Are you prepared to RTFM? Okay, take the first step. Keep going.

J
Reply to
barry

"barry" intrigued us by writing:

thread:

formatting link

Vista makes it very easy to access a network. if your wireless router is set up correctly and the wireless device inside your laptop is turned on, Vista will detect your wireless network along with other wireless networks nearby. Depending on your laptop's configuration, in the bottom right corner of the screen should be an icon regarding wireless connections. Click on it and then click on the SSID of your wireless network. Vista will automatically determine your encryption, if enabled, and prompt you to enter your passphrase/encryption key. Afterwards, Vista will ask you to determine whether or not the network to whom you are connected is a public or private network. Based on your answers, Vista will take steps to protect your network. Keep in mind that these are "general" steps to take and may not be complete or in precise order. I haven't used Vista in a while. My computing time is spent using Ubuntu Linux. Anyway, I hope I was helpful. Take care.

Reply to
Doug Jamal

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:25:26 -0400, Linky wrote in :

See the basic guides in the wiki below.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.