HP Procurve 420 and Radius Accounting

Hi all,

Recently I bought a Procurve 420 (second hand) and configured 802.1x with AES-TLS.

Whenever authenticated, the radius server receives an accounting record (which is stored in my mysql database). Sometimes (I didn't figure out why) the client (or supplicant) reauthenticates itself. Then a new accounting record is created without 'stop'ping the previous one.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

I'm using FreeRadius 1.1.3, the firmware on the HP is 2.1.5, the supplicants are XP pro machines.

Thanks in advance for any hint in the right direction.

Regards,

Peter

Reply to
Peter Boosten
Loading thread data ...

Oke, found the 'bug'. It wasn't the Procurve, but the FreeRadius config, and especially the sql.conf. The accounting queries weren't right, so I fixed them.

for insiders: the WHERE clauses selected records on AcctSessionID, I've changed them into AcctUniqueID, since the SessionID sent by the Procurve always is the same for the combination NAS/Supplicant. Changing this didn't break my Radius authentication for my m0n0 Captive Portal btw.

Hope this helps anyone.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Boosten

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.