accounting records gigawords (cistron radius)

Can anybody confirm that the accouning records in current cisco IOS's actually supply the gigawords attribute?

I've been using a cistron ratius for years, been working fine for us, but can't seem to get the gigawords value for usage stats when a customer disconnects.

Currently running Cistron Radius 1.6.7 on Solaris 9 (X86)

I'm authenticating from a couple of Cisco 7206vxr's for dsl customers. These customers use large amounts of data per session (over 4 gig) and I'm not getting proper accountng records for their usage. (bytes in and out)

Aparently cisco has implemented the radius gigawords attribute, and although I thought the IOS version I had supported this, I've upgraded to 12.3(14)T4 (very current) just to make sure.

However I'm still not getting any records in my cistron detail file with the gigawords attribute in them.

I see in the cistron shared dir (/usr/local/share/radius) a file called dictionary.standard that has the lines in it for the gigawords ATTRIBUTE Acct-Input-Gigawords 52 integer ATTRIBUTE Acct-Output-Gigawords 53 integer So hoped / assumed this release of cistron would display these attributes.

I've not put a sniffer inbetween my cisco's and my radius box to look at the radius accounting info the cisco is delivering. Hopped someone on the list would know if this works or not.

Reply to
BG
Loading thread data ...

Yup, 52 and 53 are supported and tested in Cisco IOS.

Reply to
Vivek

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.