how do I get my wireless to work if I have no memory of my WEP key?

To call me a great record-keeper, would be a wild exaggeration. I have two laptops at home now, one PC and one Mac, and it's time to get past the frustration and hook up my wireless. Question one ... I've tried this numerous times, and it asks for my WEP key. I vaguely remember an ex help me setting this up once, and I have absolutely no idea what the key would be, or where I would have recorded that. I have made a number of guesses, all wrong. How can I work around this? Question two... my router, which I cringe to admit I've had working all of about one day in a number of years, is an IBM High Rate Wireless LAN Gateway. Is that gonna work with the Mac and PC? (I have a Linksys MS1 ADSL modem, if that matters). Can anyone help with this grief? Lisa

Reply to
lisa.mighton
Loading thread data ...

Locate the reset button to return the router to its default setting,

then check your router documentation or goto linksys website for setup information.

gene

Reply to
ejm

Yep, the reset button will erase all security settings. From there you have a new out-of-box device and just have to set it up again for the modem by using the manual.

Reply to
seaweedsteve

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.