How Do I Do Something to Phone Solicitation People?

Someone *identifying himself* as "Mike" from

formatting link
called me to sell me a $49.95 TV satellite dish installation. They call at random times and frequency, but it seems to be about two calls per day, usually in the evening. I've politely told them to take me off their list several times. It doesn't work, of course.

The calls start with a recorded pitch, and then a prompt will lead you to a live person sometimes. If the call leads to a live person, I always repeat my request. They're seldom polite in return. Apparently, they've been instructed to hang up immediately if someone questions them. I don't have caller ID, but I'm sure nothing will show up. However, today, Mike, who thought he was making a sale and was just about to get my card number, gave me 949 295 4344 . Unless, they're using a VoIP area code or some spoof, the phone is in

formatting link
Irvine or Laguna Beach. Considering the voicemail prompt, I think it's his own personal cellphone.

If you call the number, you may get him. Go ahead. But usually I just get his voice mail. I use Skype to call him, but all the calls from them to my home have been to my AT&T land line. Anyway, I don't know who these people are. Probably, they are simply an operation to steal credit card numbers.

Yes, I realize, I could pay AT&T a few extra bucks and block calls without ID, but that would be incurring a cost and this company would still be harassing, and stealing from, other people. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to proceed to do something to this company?

Call them at 949 295 4344. I got an idea. I'm going to post the number to some p*rn groups.

How do I find out what phone company 949 295 4344 belongs to? This question is why I crossposted to news:comp.dcom.telecom

(||) Nehmo (||)

Reply to
Nehmo
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.