Help with win 98 networking

My home network is going ok with LInksys 2.4 ll-g router. Someone GAVE me a Dell lattitude P2 with a Netgear card, 11-b. It's installed but is not receving a signal from the Linksys router. Anyone care to step me thru this?? My home pc's are xp. pro I * thought* that you could setup a wireless lappy to take with you and when you got in a "hotspot" it would automatically log in to the internet. Thanks

Reply to
Mousetater
Loading thread data ...

Well is the router able to switch between b and g on its own depending upon what type of connection is connecting to it? I know they have the router with the capacity to allow b and g connections, but I have never seen or used one.

I think it could if the machine was XP using Wireless Zero Configuration.

formatting link
I don't know about a Win 98 doing it auto but it should connect to a *B* setup whether it's auto or not.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Got it working! As it turns out, I had to go into my router and tell it it accept b or g. Works fine

Reply to
Mousetater

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.