Help with Routers

Hi, I just bought a DLink DI-524 Air PlusG Wireless Router. I also have a DLink DI-704P non wireless router. I have the wireless working fine and have another computer working with a DLink DWL-G510 card. My problem is that i have 2 other Network cards in my P4 system. I have the internet and network working on this box. What i want to do is connect the DI-704P Router to one of these cards to be able to give access to my other computers in my network through network cable. How do i set 2 Routers up on one computer system? . I really want to get this working. I also have my old D-Link DSS-8+ Switch II that i can use, but I would prefer to use the Routers. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is what i have done. Master bedroom has the only phone connection so I put the adsl modem and wireless router in that room. My wired router and all computers are down the hall in another room. Internet is being received from the wirless router to my P4 via a D-Link usb connector/receiver. How do i transfer the internet signal from the P4 to my second wired router and then to the rest of my network that is already attached to the wired router? I am trying to avoid running cables down the hallway.

Reply to
Grim
Loading thread data ...

If you're using Windows XP, then enable internet connection sharing on the P4's wireless connection. This will allow any computer on the other connection to access the internet via the P4. Obviously you'll need to keep the P4 switched on.

You may also need to disable the DHCP server on the 2nd router.

By the way, you may as well use a switch as a 2nd router - as you have it set up, you are not using the router component at all. Mark McIntyre

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.