EasyGPRS

EasyGPRS

Does anyone have the download of this or the CD?

It's associated with the Samsung mobile phones.

It's almost my last hope.

Reply to
Keith (Southend)
Loading thread data ...

For what?

The name of the program indicates that you might want to do GPRS with your telephone. That might be a better topic in alt.cellular.something, depending on your carrier.

If you have Cingular, there is a Cingular Connection Manager under "laptop data connect" that includes drivers that you might need to let you connect to the internet, and you can remove the program, leaving the drivers available.

Or there is BVRP Mobile Phone Tools software which supports some Samsung models.

formatting link

Reply to
dold

He won't, he's in the UK ;)

Keith you could always call Samsung on 0870 242 0303

(Your not Keith as in Flyer list are you?)

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

No, but thanks for all you replies. I have since been pointed to a download of EasyGPRS. But that still didn't cure the problem that I can not connect to the 'modem', as in Samsung S300 Modem in device manager, > diagnostics > query modem. Win XP :-(

Reply to
Keith (Southend)

Is this a cabled USB connection? You might need to clean out old USB modems from Device Manager. I was able to make the diagnostics-query connection to a Motorola V200-USB using the device drivers downloaded with the Cingular Connection Manager. I didn't want the manager, just the drivers. I did a control panel remove of the application package, which left the drivers behind.

Cingular has a tutorial about USB cable connections.

formatting link
customer_service phones&devices Device Tutorials, select the Motorola V220. USB Cable Setup - WinXP "Download and install Cingular Connection Manager"

You might see if some of these steps will help you.

Reply to
dold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.