Does wifi interfre with audio speakers/amplifiers

I had been for an network installation in a cinema hall. the owner of the hall refused wifi sighting that wifi would produce interference similar to those produced by the gsm phones. is that the case?

Reply to
dkveera
Loading thread data ...

AFAIK its nonsense. At least, whereas my 3G phone mucks with my speakers, I get no interference at all from my Wifi.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

WiFi deals with much smaller power levels than GSM phones. Cell phones has a small output power during conversation but can get peak of up to

2W mainly during pre-ringing and ringing conection. Take a look:

formatting link
If the cinema hall owner have something to worry, I would say he has more to worry from interference coming from cell-phones (even those in silence mode) than an WiFi network. But I guess it will be very thought for you to convince him about it...

Reply to
mlrodrig

Considering that my GSM phone is sitting on my bedroom dresser fifteen feet away in the other room and it still makes the computer speakers buzz...AND considering that one of my commercial grade 300 mW access points is sitting on top of one of my speakers and NOT making any noises, I'd say his fears of WiFi creating a problem are unfounded.

I have never seen any articles relating to GSM noise in movie theaters.

Reply to
DTC

To restore balance to the world snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com

No Wifi is starting to move into sound installations,with have it running in

3 theatres to give access to crew/perfumers ect with out problems.You will find sound system that now use wifi to send signal to speaker/amps ect.

Chris

Reply to
Joker7

Due to your grammar, you're post appears to be contradictory.

Are you saying:

"No, WiFi is NOT starting to move into sound installations... You will find WiFi IS now indeed being used."

Or are you saying:

"WiFi is indeed starting to move into sound installations..."

At any rate, you are correct when it comes to HOME theater projects, but you will NOT see any professional sound system sales/service company install unlicensed WiFi in any commercial venue as the possibility of interference is to great.

What do you think a 200 watt EIRP point to point link next door to the theater will sound like?

Reply to
DTC

Nerver was very good with the grammar..................More so with a quick reply...

"WiFi is indeed starting to move into sound installations..."

Chris

Reply to
Joker7

Needa grammer chequer?

Starting? I have several HP ew5000 "digital media receiver" circa

2002. 802.11b (and ethernet) interfaces. It mostly works, the software is awful, performance is limited, but they were really cheap. No sign of any interference on audio or video, even with everything in the same box.

However, nearby are my no-name amplified computer speakers. Everything gets into those. All of my assorted walkie talkies will cause clicks and buzz to spew from the speakers. My SSB HF station causes horrible hummmmmm. Even my cordless 2.4GHz phone, can be heard if the handset it really close. Let's just say I got what I paid for.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.