dlink router WBR-1310 forgets password

Just upgraded the firmware, and a new wrinkle added, the login password gets lost somewhere. The default user and password don't work. Once I reset to defaults with the button in back, I can login. Replace all settings including password, everything's fine for a while, then, can't login. This has happened twice now. Any ideas?

Reply to
Airman Thunderbird
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
scotta316

Reply to
Airman Thunderbird

I'd rather stick with the newer firmware anyway. Coincidentally, the only time my router ever locked up was the morning the new firmware became available that fixed the lockup problem.

If I really need to log into the router, I only need to cycle the power. (Unplug it for about ten seconds.) Then I can log in normally again. The router only takes a few seconds to boot up. Of course, that erases the logs, so if you were logging in to check them, you're outta luck.

Scott

Airman Thunderbird wrote:

Reply to
scotta316

Yeah, you're right. I contacted Dlink, and they said I needed to take to a live tech. Not really worth the time or aggravation. Just wish they had told me they were working on a fix.

Actually, m> I'd rather stick with the newer firmware anyway. Coincidentally, the

Reply to
Airman Thunderbird

Reply to
scotta316

Reply to
Airman Thunderbird

Reply to
scotta316

Reply to
scotta316

Reply to
Airman Thunderbird

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.