DLink DI-724P+ dropping problem

What happens to any wired computers connected to this router? How is the speed of the network between your computers? Are you running both computers at the same time? Try using only one to see if it still happens. Could it be your ISP provider or your modem?

Hmmm 54kbps??? Is this a dial up connection?

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1
Loading thread data ...

I'm having the dropping problem with my 2 XP laptops. I can see that the drop is happening at the same time for both laptops, dropping from

54kbp to 48 then 24bps, leading me to believe that it is DI-724P+ problem. (Both laptops are 5 ft from the router/ap with excellent signal).

I found that i have to turn Off and back ON the router in order to get back to 54kbp for a while long. Have tried firmware upgraded and it seems no improvement.

Hope anyone here sharing this issue.

Marks.

>
Reply to
Marks

sorry, its 54Mbps instead of 54Kbps .

Reply to
Marks

There are a number of things that can effect transfer speed. It is not uncommon to have a fluctuation in speed no matter how close you are to the AP.

Reply to
Doug Jamal

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.