disconnecting my wireless router.

Hello, I am in the process of moving my residence. I currently am using wireless connection for my internet as well as to connect 2 replay tv's to communicate with each other. I would like to disconnect my wireless router to enable me to move it to my new home. Once its disconnected, my computer does not connect to the internet after I've plugged the cable from the modem into my computer. Obviously I'm missing some steps. Can anyone help? Thank you ever so much.

Reply to
Ssaz518
Loading thread data ...

Comcast customer, right?

If you change the NIC connected to a Comcast modem, you need to power cycle the modem. Unplug your modem, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in.

Reply to
Seth Goodman

Hey Seth, Thanks for the information, but it did not work. I am using a d-link router and yes a modem via comcast. I power cycled the modem but when I plugged it back in, it did not work. Any other ideas?

Again, thank you.

Reply to
Ssaz518

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:23:38 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

What's happening on the computer? Does it see the network cable? Do you have the right kind of cable? Does it try and fail to get a DHCP address? Extra points for telling us the exact models of all hardware, firmware versions, and computer OS.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.