DI-624 Lost Connections

Has anyone found a solution to the following? With firmware version

2.50 for DI-624, I was frequently getting "A Network Cable Is Unplugged". After I upgraded to 2.70, the error message is no longer appearing.

But I am still experiencing lost connections -

1. I lose connections to our terminal server and have to restart applications.
  2. Downloads from internet stop midway.

These problems occur for the computer that is directly connected to the router if the Wireless Access Point is enabled. If this is disabled, I do not have this problem. I am using a single channel. I do not see anything helpful in the logs. Has anyone found a way to fix this? I have contacted DLink but have not found a solution yet.

Reply to
Glenn
Loading thread data ...
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

Perhaps it is being swamped by filesharing connections.

Reply to
John Navas

check you mtu must be at 1492 for dsl normaly

Reply to
midjet

Only with PPPoE.

Reply to
John Navas

It could be this. I only have one BitTorrent client installed and it is not running at the time. But other users could still be trying to connect to my machine. The only message I see in the logs were packets that were dropped by the router because one of the ports was closed. How can I monitor activity on ports and if it is this, how can I fix this besides avoiding connecting to these these applications? Can I change settings?

Reply to
Glenn

I suggest sharply cutting back on the number of connections in all filesharing clients.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.