Disappearing Internet Connection Icon

Hi all, Not quite a Wireless question but hopefully the place to ask. I recently changed my broadband modem for a wireless Router. I am also using Windows XP Professional. When I re-boot the computer I get two icons in the taskbar, "Internet Connection" which shows the speed I'm getting when I hover the mouse over it, & a second one called "Local Area Connection" Within an hour the internet connection icon disappears even though I am still connected to the net. Why is this & is there any way to stop it disappearing, it is also gone from the "Network Connections" folder? I have checked the box asking to show icon etc.

Look forward to your suggestions.

Roy.

************************************************** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Please do not add my address to any on-line address book, send me, e - greetings cards or web page links via their site to this address. I'm trying to cut down on junk mail. Thank you.

formatting link

Reply to
Roy
Loading thread data ...
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

Right click on the Windows Task Bar; click on Properties; click on Customize for Notification Area.

Reply to
John Navas

Hi John, Thanks for the suggestion but it is also disappearing in the "Network Connections" folder as well. Thanks for the idea though.

Look forward to your suggestions.

Roy.

************************************************** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Please do not add my address to any on-line address book, send me, e - greetings cards or web page links via their site to this address. I'm trying to cut down on junk mail. Thank you.

formatting link

Reply to
Roy
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.