constant wireless hiccupping

Hi, i just recently formatted and reinstalled windows. And i have a trendnet 424ub v2 wireless usb adapter, i installed all the drivers and the utility that comes with it, but when i try to connect to the wireless it constantly hiccups. when i mean hiccup, i really mean hiccup. it connects just fine but in less than a second it disconnects then in less than a second it reconnects, constantly. in the utility it shows that i have a constant strong signal from the router but there is also no data being transmitted or recieved. please help!! im running out of hair to pull out!!

thanks to those that reply :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
smithjaco
Loading thread data ...

Is the network protected by wireless security? That flapping behavior often results from a client trying to join an encrypted wireless network with the wrong password or key.

Reply to
Neill Massello

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.