USB Ports randomly disconnecting (only for mouse)

Every once in like around 5 minutes my mouse out of the blue disconnects and reconnects (you hear the sound in windows xp when connecting usb devices) It does it will the front usb's and rear also, I tried two different mice, now when I went to try it on another computer, both of the mice did the same thing, but in less severity, like A LOT less...

3-4 months prior i had 2 monitors burn out within a week

I have an asus a8n sli premium motherboard, i called the Asus guy up and he said that it could have been something about my usb being grounded, so he told me to take it out put it on a cardboard box and try and run it, i dont feel like doing that, and i hope i can get some smaller ideas lol

I feel that I am getting mixed messages because why would BOTH of my mice just out of the blue, both randomly have the same problem, or it could be a problem with my motherboard.

I also use a USB headset to play games with and talk on ventrilo (it never cuts out), and i sync my mp3 player through it and have had no problems.

Do any of you guys have any ideas about what the problem could be?

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
evulhotdog
Loading thread data ...

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 14:36:54 -0500, evulhotdog wrote in :

Suggest you try a more appropriate forum. This one is for wireless.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.