Help with wireless setup

"the setup utility was unable to locate a wireless broadband router on your network. please make sure your wireless broaband router is powered on and all cables are properly connected"

This is the message that I recieve when I am on step 8 of trying to install my wireless router. It is extremely aggravating so anyone that can help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
exclusivebeef
Loading thread data ...

It means you don't have the network cable plugged in on a Fuquaia router.

Reply to
nevtxjustin

"exclusivebeef" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.wirelessforums.org...

Step 8 of what. What kind of equipment This is a newsgroup, not some mindreading group

Reply to
Dana

I'm not sure that I am correct about your equipment, but my router absolutely says that set up and flashing must be done on a computer that is wired to the router. The initial contact with the router is accomplished through a browser like connection at a specific address. Do you have the router wired to a desktop computer?

Power module plugged into the wall and the router? Modem lights on and working? Cable from modem to router, plugged into WAN port? Lights lit up and blinking on router?

Reply to
DanG

"Dana" hath wroth:

Haven't you read any of my rants? Few people seem to supply their equipment list in this group. I make it a point of pointing this out in the most abrasive manner possible, but it doesn't help. There is some aversion to supplying this information. Probably too much RF affecting the common sense brain center. The same people would dream of going to an auto parts store and asking for help with their "car", but that's perfectly acceptable in this newsgroup. Maybe they're ashamed of their purchase and don't want to admit they paid money for something with which they need help? Dunno. Meanwile, it's mindreading, guess(tm) work, crystal ball, and my Ouija Board.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I was waiting for him to say "But I don't have a Fuquaia router." At which point I would say, "But you didn't tell us that, we're not mindreaders."

Reply to
nevtxjustin

I think it's just that, being "newbies" and all, they have the idea that all the answers have a common question, which they think they're asking.

Reply to
Warren Oates

Looks like we chased him away now.

>
Reply to
Dana

Actually it's worse- newbie who spends no time lurking & listening, and wants instant gratification free.

Not to mention total refusal to DAGS or RTFM.

When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

J
Reply to
barry

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.