Can you recommend a wireless USB adapter that has a good range?

Harry,

other people on this group are much more expert on this issue than myself. I have found the usb wifi adapters such as the Gigafast WF741-UIC Wireless Adapter. Most of these similar products seem to use the ZyDAS chipset Very good reception and very easy to set up. I have not found as good performance with the Linksys WUSB11 USB adapter model. to boost reception check out :

formatting link
waiting to see what Jeff's comments are.

Harry wrote:

Reply to
frankdowling1
Loading thread data ...

Hi all

I am setting up my neighbour over the road to pick up my broadband signal. I need to get a USB Wireless adapter that will pick up the signal.

Can anyone recommend a relatively cheap USB adapter that has a good pickup range?

mant thanks

Harry

Reply to
Harry

Down here in New Zealand a new translucent blue/green ~US$35 Genius USB "g" shows great sensitivity to weak signals. See a recent field test over 1 km where one is used with a cookware parabola to establish a links viability =>

formatting link
It works seamlessly with NetStumbler 0.4 as well. This dongle picked up APs

8-10km LOS away at the same time we were testing over just a km ! Stan
Reply to
manuka

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.