Does this Sound like a Hardware Problem?

Until recently, my Netgear WGT624 wireless router has worked flawlessly. Within the past 3 weeks, I get intermittent connection drops, where I get no signal going to either of my wireless adapters in my home set-up. One card is a Netgear WG511T and the other is a Linksys USB adapter. When I notice the connection drops on one adapter, I can verify the same problem on the other. To solve the problem, I have to power cycle the router. Some times a single power cycle works; other times it takes numerous power cycles, every 10 to 15 minutes.

The Netgear support folks have suggested I disable all security features (disabled SSID broadcast, WEP encryption, Mac address filtering) to solve the problem. Obviously, to me, that seems like they are just hoping I go away and not push for a hardware exchange.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Reply to
lee
Loading thread data ...

Sounds like a hardware problem to me! Tell them you are sending it back for repairs and want an RMA number.

Reply to
William P. N. Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.