Can't get into the access point

I have anSMC7008ABR router,and a NETGEAR WG602v2 Access point.The router is by default 192.168.2.1 it sees the AP at 192.168.2.100 ip, but I can't get into the AP to change the Settings and security.I have a neywork printer,network storage and thre other computers no problems.And no problem with the wireless laptop.Thanks

Reply to
Jason851
Loading thread data ...

192.168.2.100 is probably the IP address assigned by the SMC7008ABR to the WG602v2. Read your manual to find out the IP address to enter the web based menu of the WG602v2. Just in case it is something like 192.168.0.1, I would connect to the Netgear via ethernet to access its web based menu.
Reply to
Doug Jamal

That is the problem, The browser cannot find the IP of the access point.Net gear says the default is 192.168.0.227. I don't know why but this router is the only one that i know that uses the IP of 192.168.2.1.

Reply to
Jason851

I'm not at all a network guru, in fact I'm hanging out here prior to asking a few questions. However, I believe that you cannot see the wireless's IP address because the router masks it. You may have to open that particular port in the router for direct passthru to the wireless AP.

Just a guess.

Reply to
MikeB

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.