Can't Connect to Internet

Additional information for previous message. I am using a ComPaq desk top computer,ME upgraded to Home XP,Wireless-G PCI Adapter,Wireless-G Access Point. Both Linksys. When I start up my computer I have to manually connect to the Access point. When I do I get the following message,"You are connected to the access point,but the internet can not be found." I get the same message whether I am using ME or XP Home. I even formatted the computer thinking that might help. I am able to connect with no problems using my Apple lap top. I am no computer wiz so I have no idea where I might look for the problem. Thanks.

Reply to
David Sharpes
Loading thread data ...

run command, do an ipconfig/all and see what your IP addres + Default Gateway are...

try pinging

formatting link

Guy

Reply to
Bigguy

Reply to
David Sharpes

Which version of Windows?

Windows 95 - winipcfg Windows 98 - winipcfg or ipconfig Windows NT/2000/XP - ipconfig

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

I am working in Windows ME. I typed in winipcfg and got the following information: ICSHARE Adapter Adapter address OO-OC-41-65-5E-A3 IP Address 192.168.1.103 Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway 192.168.1.1

I don't know if the problem shows in this information or not but I just realised the I don't know how to change an address...oh well,first things first...Dave Sharpes

Reply to
David Sharpes

Go into the AP setup pages and check AP's default gateway - should be the modem's IP...

For 'ping'...

at Run type command/OK in 'DOS' window type ping 192.168.1.1

Guy

Reply to
Bigguy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.