Problem understanding why internet bandwidth speeds vary with usb wireless gear

Would appreciate input into understanding why a NetGear 54Mbps USB 2.0 adapter produces a bandwidth speed of900+ Kbps and then when using a different NetGear 54Mbps USB 2.0 adapter it will only produce a speed of 140+Kbps. My system setup is as follows: I am transmitting a signal from my office, using a flat panel antenna (Model FP19W 19 dbi gain 2150m-2700 mhz), to my house (.7 miles away) At my house I have a similar flat panle antenna that flows to a bridge that flows to a Linksys Workgroup Switch EZXS55W Version 3 that flows to DLink Access Point DWL 2100AP. In my Dell Inspiron 9200 laptop I have an internal Intel ProWirless LAN

2100 3A Mini PCI Adapter. When I use the internal wireless I seem to consistantly generate bandwidth speeds of 140 to 150 Kbps. However, when I disable the interenal wireless and plug in my son's Netgear 54 Mbps USB 2.0 wireless adapter it generates bandwidth speeds of 900+Kbps. Thinking that it was a problem with my internal wireless I went out and bought the same Netgear wireless device my son was using. When I fired it up it would generate speeds of 140Kbps. When the DHCP assigns an address of .201 to the Netgear wireless device that particular piece will generate speeds of 900+. Because the DHCP will lease out the address for a specific time period. When I plug in the second Getgear device, and the DHCP assigns an address of .202 that device will only generate speeds of 140+. When I take my laptop back to my office the internal Intel wireless device screams at close to a T2 speed. I even went out and bought a DLink usb wireless device. It generates a similar 140+Kbps. Any thoughts or recommendations on how to achieve consistant bandwidth speeds of 900+ Kbps.
Reply to
rcsimma
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.