Beginner help

Hi This is my 1st posting and I need some help. I have just set up my 1st wireless system from my desktop to my cable modem. I have bought a Belkin board and fitted it to my pc, i have a D-Link router DI-624 Air plus Extreme G. It all works well and went together easier than i expected. However when I try to encrypt they don't connect to each other. There is no info in any of the manuals that tell you how to do this or what passwords that you need to give. Can anybody please help and put it into plain English. When they would not connect i had to rest the router and use the LAN cable to get them to work again. They are working wireless now but with encryption disabled.

Reply to
Mr Bump
Loading thread data ...

Simply generate a WEP key under the 'administration' of your router. Then go to each computer and type in the WEP key number that was generated.

Reply to
JOE

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.