Att: Jeff --- wireless across a lake ---

Jeff,

I lurk this group from time to time and expect you've answered a similar question before but I'd appreciate your advise.

A friend lives in an area that only provides dial-up access to the internet. On the opposite side of the lake that he lives on (a different county), DSL is available. His side is also a National Forest, so cutting trees is not an option. An attempt by HughesNet for satellite service didn't work out because of his view towards their bird.

Across the lake from my friend, lives someone that would get the DSL service, either to share or just for my friend to use. It's line of site between them. Here's the question. With my basic knowledge and skills, I know that the +/- 2000 feet across the lake can probably be done with off-the-shelf stuff from OfficeMax (or etc). My friend is willing to spend a couple hundred bucks for better equipment to do the job. What would you suggest..... brands, model numbers and the like?

Thanks, Kingfish

Reply to
Kingfish Stevens
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.