Alternatives to SMC2682W

I have had a wireless like running stable at 9 miles now for

5+ years. However it looks like one of my SMC2682W's is giving up now. I would like to replace it with something similar. Are there any products now that give the same type of service? Specifically, I really like the feature that allows the bridge to also act as a local AP. I also don't have any budget to spend on this, so inexpensive would be ideal.

Thanks,

Gordon Montgomery Living Scriptures, Inc snipped-for-privacy@lsi.com (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures) (801) 627-2000

Reply to
Gordon Montgomery
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@lsi.com (Gordon Montgomery) hath wroth:

Well, you missed one for sale on eBay 3 days ago:

formatting link
available now, but keep watching for new listings.

The ability to act as an access point while playing bridge was unique to the early Eumitcom wireless bridges. I'm not sure how they did it. If this is a key requirement, you're stuck with either this model, or substituting one of the older Eumitcom OEM vendors (Teletronics). Sorry, I don't have specific model numbers handy.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Thank you for your post. I have been watching eBay. I'm not sure how that one got by me. I've always thought the AP/Bridge combo was very usefull, but I don't use more that 2 or 3 clients at the far end. Perhaps there is a problem with a large amount of clients and that is why no one does it that way anymore.

Gordon

Gordon Montgomery Living Scriptures, Inc snipped-for-privacy@lsi.com (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures) (801) 627-2000

Reply to
Gordon Montgomery

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.