I need some help really bad!!!

Hello gentlemen!

I figured this would be the best place to post my dilema - I hope someone here can help. Here is my problem: I have recently (2 days ago) bought a new car - A dodge Magnum RT with every option available: Navigation, Sirius satellite, Blue tooth...etc. I am a realtor in Los Angeles and I use my laptop almost everyday out of my car. I have a VERIZON Anywhere PC card, a PCMCIA card with a magnetic antenna if I need to locate a WIFI spot in order to send property pictures...and of course the built in WIFI from the laptop. For the past 2 days I cannot connect to anything - it sees the networks it connects, but I cannot upload or download anything. I went crazy - I bought a new laptop - same thing, I bought a new network card - NOTHING! However, today, out of desperation - I tried logging on from the car while it was turned off (completely off) Guess what? I can connect, download upload etc just like before! As soon as I turn the key in the ACC position/ignition I lose the connection! What is causing the interference? Is it the SIRIUS antenna(on top of the car) the NAV system??? On my last car I had a aftermarket XM radio and it worked, it had NAV and it worked...What can it be? Please help....

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
lostandfound
Loading thread data ...

You need to pull fuses on the cars devices until you isolate the one causing the problem.

Reply to
Unk

"lostandfound" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.wirelessforums.org...

What did Verizon say when you called them? I am sure they have seen this before ....

Reply to
riggor

Bluetooth and WIFI can seriously interfere with each other. Turn off the bluetooth in your car.

Gordon Montgomery Living Scriptures, Inc snipped-for-privacy@lsi.com (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures) (801) 627-2000

Reply to
Gordon Montgomery

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.