adhoc network trouble

Hi!

I've got a little problem, maybe some of you could help.

I want to connect 2 computers via wlan using ad hoc mode. Everything seems to go ok till I try pinging one or another.100% of packets is always lost. there's the same ssid, cards seem to comunicate - quality of link is great and so on.

Maybe I do something wrong I don't know. Please help if u can.

And now technical info:

Pc: d-link DWL-510 windows xp prof. SP2 firewall is DISABLED ssid: 1234 no WEP, open authentication ip: 192.168.0.1 mask 255.255.255.0 DNS: 194.204.159.1 workgroup : home

Notebok: d-link DWL-610 pcmcia windows xp home SP2 firewall is DISABLED ssid: 1234 no WEP, open authentication ip : 192.168.0.10 mask 255.255.255.0 DNS: 194.204.159.1 worgroup: home

Both cards are working when attached to infrastructure network with linksys wless router.

Reply to
sogoth
Loading thread data ...

Ad-Hoc and the Windows O/S is a hit or miss situation. In addition, it can be working and then it goes to left field at the drop of a hat from the posts I have read concerning this.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.