NIOCApi

I have a computer that I let my kids use to get on the computer thru a wire less connection. I have a d-link wireless router (di-514) and the computer uses a d-link dwl-520 pci wireless nic. My problem is that I want my kids on limited accounts. With limited accounts they get this very annoying pop up error message. It has NIOCApi in the title bar and in the pop-up window it says "Fail to open service control manager!". My oldest daughter (10) uses the computer often enough to, at least seemingly, become tolerable of this, but I can't take hearing the error beeps!! The OS is windows xp home sp2. And this message only happens on limited accounts. I figure there should be a setting somewhere but I can't find it and d-link tech support offered me the solution of making my kids administrators (AAAUUUUGGHHHH!!!! I just redid this computer because they download too much crap and install it!).

TIA Damase

Reply to
Damase
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.