802.11A on a PDA

What type of PDA? (does it support CF or SD cards?) I have one that only did B, but had an SD slot.. Got an SDIO card that supports A/B/G

Reply to
Peter Pan
Loading thread data ...

The PDA is an HP iPAQ 4551 (that does B only, along with bluetooth, but real handy when traveling, since many hotspots/businesses/hotels etc are B, or at home- I have a B/G and Bluetooth). The A (actually an a/b/g card) is from Sandisk. (only used a twice, I do onsite computer repair and the client had an a) ((And it's SDIO, not SFIO))

My suggestion, would be to rethink a altogether, It only runs at 5Ghz, has a shorter wavelength, more susceptible to signal attenuation, and only has a range of about 60 feet. The newer G can do the same speed (54), but have a range of about 300 feet. With i and j coming down the pike, they will also be backward compatible to b, but not a... Actually, the newer AP's now, do all 3 a/b/g, and many pci and cardbus/pcmcia cards do all 3 also... Seems sort of silly to set up a network that is/will be soon obsolete.

Reply to
Peter Pan

Does any one know of a PDA or card that can be used in a PDA that supports 802.11A?

-Dan

Reply to
Dan

Haven't bought the PDA's yet. Just looking for options. Who make a CF or SFIO 802.11A card?

-Dan

Reply to
Dan

The best solution is to look at the spec for the PDAs you're interested in, and see whether they support wireless. Also check for accessories that are available from either the manufacturer or a 3rd party.

For instance my Palm has an SD slot but even so it doesn't support wireless (too old). Some tungstens and newer palms can use the card.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.