Need advice on configuring a wireless network using a PDA, wireless router and PC with wireless card

I am somewhat confused on how to configure a wireless network at home. I have a PC that has an Asus wireless network card. I can setup the card to act as an Access Point. I can also use it to connect to my wireless router which in turn is connected to the Internet. However, I cannot seem to have both of these at the same time. What I want to do is connect my PDA over a wireless link to the PC and use the local network. If possible, it would also be nice if the PDA had access to the Internet, either directly to the router or via the PCs internet connection. I am not sure how to go about this. If I configure my PC to act as an Access Point, I can get the PDA to use the PCs LAN, but my PC no longer has any access to the Internet. If I configure my PCs wireless card to connect to the router, my PDA cannot connect to the PC. What is a possible configuration solution?

I am using Windows XP Professional and a Windows Mobile device.

Thanks Johann

Reply to
Polaris431
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.