True MIMO

Linksys just announced that they'll use it on their new GX router: .

U.Ken

Reply to
itsme585
Loading thread data ...

I don't remember which magazine it was, but I did read a very favorable review of the Belkin Pre-N adapter and AP recently. It sounds like an impressive setup.

Reply to
Jonathan

Does anyone know if Belkin is still the only manufacturer that offers Airgo's True MIMO technology?

Reply to
Shin

ATM I have only seen Belkin in the UK. It works well enough though :-) Guess some may wait until the 'n'standard is released.

Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Bennett

I'm debating between a Belkin Pre-N for $100 or a Netgear with Atheros Super G for $50. I've looked at a review and comparison and the Belkin had a better throughput. Throughput isn't all that important though, I'm mostly looking for range, don't plan on too much streaming audio and video.

Reply to
Shin

There's also a Motorola card that claims 328ft indoor and 1300+ft outdoor...dunno how "true" that is though.

Reply to
Shin

"Shin" wrote

Well thats down to preference, whatever you do make sure all have the same standards. i.e. all super g or all mimo, I have found mimo has better signal personally and better range.

Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Bennett

didn't real all the posts to see your question has been answered one overly popular maker of home wifi will release home user mimo jan31 if their competitor doesn't beat them to the punch.

Reply to
bumtracks

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.