1 pc can't get the gatway, but gets IP address

I have 3 PC's. I'm using a netgear wireless router (G type), and all netgear adapters (2 pc's with usb adapters & 1 w/ card). I turned off B, I set it to long preamble, WPA-PSK (TKIP), and I'm getting a good signal on all 3 PC's.

But 1 PC has an issue in that it gets an IP address, but no gateway. The signal in the netgear utility looks fine. The windows wireless icon says the connection is good (sometimes very good). Its using the same netgear USB adapter as my other computer.

I tried doing ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew, but it still doesn't find the gateway. It gets an IP address, but some issue with dhcp in that it can't get the gateway. Could it be a BIOS issue? Thanks for helping Jason Shohet

Reply to
xz
Loading thread data ...

Taking a moment's reflection, xz mused: | | I have 3 PC's. I'm using a netgear wireless router (G type), and all | netgear adapters (2 pc's with usb adapters & 1 w/ card). I turned off | B, I set it to long preamble, WPA-PSK (TKIP), and I'm getting a good | signal on all 3 PC's. | | But 1 PC has an issue in that it gets an IP address, but no gateway. | The signal in the netgear utility looks fine. The windows wireless | icon says the connection is good (sometimes very good). Its using the | same netgear USB adapter as my other computer. | | I tried doing ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew, but it still | doesn't find the gateway. It gets an IP address, but some issue with | dhcp in that it can't get the gateway. Could it be a BIOS issue?

Do you have a software firewall (or XP firewall) running on the machine in question? Try with that disabled. Also, try switching adapters between the two machines that use the same type ... see if the issue follows the adapter, or stays with the computer.

Reply to
mhicaoidh

What address? 169. something? Similar to the others?

No.

It might be a card config issue tho. ?Make sure all the PCs network card and TCP settings are identical.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.