Need help with Dlink DI 808HV VPN Setup

Hello,

I have a Dlink DI 808HV running on a DSL line with a static public IP. I am trying to get XP and 2K client to connect to our server remotely and I am confused The setup is as follows: Public Static: Verizon IP LAN 192.168.0.1 PPTP Virtual 192.168.2.1 When I connect to the VPN from my remote client I get an address of

192.168.2.2. But then I have no way of getting to my server 192.168.0.23. The router will not let me make my virtual IP on the same subnet as my LAN.

Do I need to add routes to my clients or router?

I have gotten myself beyond confused.

Thank You in Advanced.

Larry C

Reply to
L C
Loading thread data ...

LC ,

Just setup 1 of these a couple weeks ago (dynamic IP but same setup for this). You have it setup correctly so far.

Take a look at this

formatting link
Let me know - Can you PING the server? Can you Ping the LAN side of the router (192.168.0.1). When you say you can't get to the server how are you trying to do that? Are you trying to browse a workgroup,etc?.

Bob

L C wrote:

Reply to
ilwingsfan

Bob,

I had setup the Virtual PPTP as the IP of my server so that was my issue. I am now getting the "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request" message. Time to research that.

I am making progress though.

Thanks for the Help

formatting link

Reply to
L C

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.