VOIP phone system for 3 international offices required

Hi,

I am in the process of setting up three new offices located in Geneva, Athens and Dubai. The Geneva office will be the primary location. In addition we will have appromimately 4 home locations served by broadband lines probably ADSL.

In order to provide inter office voice communications I wish to install VOIP telephones and connections but they should also support PSTN lines alterntive routing for local country calls.

There will intitially be 5 to 6 people in geneva and 2-3 in each other office as it comes online. Future growth would probably not exceed 15

- 20 people total across all locations.

Ideally we'll utilise broadband ADSL in each location although a leased line my be available for internet connection in Geneva. Are fixed Ip addresses a mandatory requirement for the offices AND the home users?

As this is a new company we have no legacy systems and are open to make the maximum use of our technology investment.

I am very familiar with existing PABX technology but am new to the VOIP concept. My back ground is networking \ computing in the financial markets.

Quick overview of whats out there seems to point to Avaya IP office but I've also come across some bad reports, can anyone recommend a solution they are actually using and are very happy with. Support and maintenance in all locations is obviously a key issue.

cheers

rob

Reply to
Bobsa
Loading thread data ...

The last I heard, Internet was regulated in UAE/Dubai and the government was blocking all VoIP (RTP/SDP) ports coming from the outside. Has that changed recently?

Check out the open source (GPL'ed) Asterisk PBX at

formatting link
It'll give you what you're asking for, and much much more!

-- Ankur

Reply to
Ankur Shah

[HINT] I guess they wouldn't know what kind of traffic you had if you shoved it through a VPN.

I'm using it (Avaya IPO) for exactly what you suggest (see locations below), and it works *very* well. They also have a range of smaller IPO's than can be used at the branch offices - use an IPO403 at the base and the

401 or small office edition at your smaller branches. Join them all up with a VPN network - take a look at the Draytek Vigor 2600 routers for this - and you have a very cheap and extremely reliable solution.

formatting link
I'm using them in the USA, UK, Hungary and UAE (India next) - they're very flexible.

Email me if you want more detailed info.

Reply to
Adie

Oh hell, youre right it is *illegal*. Ive just shut down the operation after readng this -

formatting link
Not worth the risk. Thought we were just breaking a TOS not a federal law.

Reply to
Adie

Hi, There You can try to NICSTEL 1018G/1018 IP phone( it's IP+ PSTN phone and has PSTN routing ability for remote users) or 7022 ATA( it has 1 FXS+1FXO port). Please check followings link:

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Lee Sunam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.