Load Balancing 3 ADSL lines

HI, Season Greetings to all; I am new to this group I have 3 ADSL lines from the service provider i need to do loadbalancing on this 3 lines. How do i do that? I have 1 Cisco 2600 Router is it possible with that?

Experts kinly help me out.

Regards,

Karthik

Reply to
Intelkid
Loading thread data ...

In the case of using ADSL: the 2600 series has two built-in WIC slots so the OP need a additional NM-2W*) module to carry another DSL WIC card.

*) be aware of the fact that the WIC-1xDSL cards only work in certain NM's. I'am stumpled upon that behaviour some time ago :/. See:
formatting link
Reply to
Gerald Krause

Which one?

Not exactly an expert.

If it ADSL2/2+ rather than plain ADSL then be aware that the new HWIC ADSL2/2+ cards are not compatible with the 2600.

If it is plain ADSL: you'll need 3 WIC-1ADSL cards, Do you have

3 open slots on your router?

Reply to
Drake

Hi, Thanks for your immediate responce. I am not very good in networking. The clear scenario is:

Locations B & C are connected to location A by Wireless point to point Location B have 2 ADSL lines terminated Location C have 1 ADSL line teminated

at persent i am distributing by diffrent gateways for diffrent locations.

is it possible to load balance these 3 adsl lines?

Regards, Karthik

two built-in WIC slots

Reply to
Intelkid

So, where do you want to load-balance?

- At location A? where presumably you'd balance 2 ethernet connections?

- Do you want to terminate all ADSL lines at one point, stick'em in a router and go from there?

Reply to
Drake

Hi, I want to loadbalance all this 3 lines in location A, loadbalance and make it as a single gatewasy to all the users, one of my friend says it's possible by the router with diffrent network segments is that true?

Let me knw

Karthik

Drake wrote:

Reply to
Intelkid

DEAR KARTHIK, IF YOU CAN LOAD BALANCE AS MANY LINES AS YOU HAVE BY TWO METHODS

1. IF YOU HAVE THE BROADBAND CONNECTIVITY FROM ONE SERVICE PROVIDER YOU CAN DO IT BY ETHERCHANNELING (PROTOCOL WILL BE PAgP) FOR THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE A STATIC IP ADDRESS FOR ALL THE ADSL LINKS WHICH YOU HAVE (BASIC REQUIREMENT)

1. IF YOU HAVE THE BROADBAND CONNECTIVITY FROM DIFFERENT SERVICE PROVIDERS YOU CAN DO IT BY CONFIGURING ALL IP ADDRESS IN CATALYST SWITCHES AND DO THE INTERDOMAIN ROUTING AND APPLYING STATIC OR DEFAULT ROUTING IN THE ROUTER

2. YOU HAVE A THIRD PARTY OPTION WHERE YOU CAN DO IT WITH THIS EQUIPMENT

formatting link
THE BASIC THING IN THIS IS YOU CAN DO IT WITH TWO DSL CONNECTIONS IF YOU WANT TO ADD MORE YOU CAN GET ONE MORE THING OF THE SAME PRODUCT AND YOU CAN CONFIGURE IN BRIDGE MODE AND CALL BACK.

REGARDS DILIP.......................!

Reply to
>>-(DIL)->

Dilip & Others,

Thaks for your valuable solutions.

Regards, Karthik

Reply to
Intelkid

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.