Using PC a a phone to dial a POTS line? Server Version?

The easiest way would be to buy a Sipura SPA-3000, which you can connect between your LAN and the phone jack and be done with it.

formatting link
Other than that, unless you are really looking for a project, I'd recommend just using Skype or something.

miguel

Reply to
Miguel Cruz
Loading thread data ...

I think your best bet is a hardware solution at home. You dial using SIP from China (to your home here), and use Transit out, or local call forwarding, which allows you to forward incoming calls to your SIP adapter or phone to your mobile phone or PSTN phone of your choice. This means your PC at home need not be running.

formatting link
See also the SIPphone minis for making SIP calls using a traditional phone set rather than a PC for calling.

If you want to use your PC, there are numerous SIP software solutions. (for initiating the SIP call from China)

Pepperoni

Reply to
Pepperoni

I'm looking for software that will allow me to use my PC as a phone and use the POTS/Analog line at my home to dial out on.

Ultimately I'd like to be able to have a Server Version of this. To have a PC on the network that you make a connection to and then can use it to dial out via a locally connected phone line.

I will be traveling to China and would like to be able to connect to the Server machine back at my office and place local calls.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott Townsend

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.