Meridian phone on POTS line

Does anyone know whether it is possible, and if so, how to get a Nortel M3902 phone working over an ordinary POTS line?

Reply to
"C3"
Loading thread data ...

A M3902 is a single line digital phone and will not work on an Analog POTS line

C3 wrote:

Reply to
acewarlock

Follow this procedure:

1) Remove the line cord from the M3902. 2) Remove the handset from the M3902. 3) Remove the M3902. 4) Produce a generic 500 set without handset and line cord. 5) Plug the M3902's handset into the generic 500 set. 6) Plug the M3902's line cord into the generic 500 set. 7) Plug the other end of the line cord into an analog jack.

Voila'! Your "modified" M3902 now works with a POTS line!

WARNING: Your M3902 handset may not properly seat in the generic 500 set's cradle. This may necessitate rigging some kind of contraption to keep the "modified" M3902 off line when not in use.

(Sorry about that...)

No, an M3902 can not work with a POTS line.

Reply to
RonB

Reply to
John 807

Well, PROCEDURE 2 could be...

1) Buy an Option 11c 2) Insert Line Card 3) Insert Trunk Card 4) Program Option 11c 6) Cross POTS line and M3902 to switch 7) etc...
Reply to
RonB

I'm not sure what your application is, and I'm not completely sure this product will extend the M3902, but it looks like it may be possible with the Citel (MCK) Extender 1000. Check it out at

formatting link

Reply to
Telephonist

You can do this but only with a digital extender. It is a two part device for send and receive, the send side connects to a digital TN programed as your M3902 and to the POTs line. On the remote side you hook up the receiver to the POTs and plug the M3902 into the phone port.

This is a remote office setup commonly used in travel agencies etc. Anywhere you want to have someoen working on your PBX but also working from home.

Reply to
Nazule

Second the MCK 1000. Works well for us to extend 20xx, 22xx, 26xx, and

39xx series phones. It will do other Nortels too.

One of these on the switch side, and one on the remote side:

formatting link

Reply to
Chris Romero

This assumes you have a switch to connect it to. I used to have people ask me how to hook up a proprietary Meridian phones at home. (They happened to find these phones, "just like the ones at work," in local garage sales.)

Reply to
RonB

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.