Time Setting on Mitel System

Hi

I have a Mitel® 3300 Integrated Communications Platform phone system, using the software version 4.0.5.5

Problem: Since the daylight saving changes (where the clocks were set back by an hour), we reset the time on the Mitel System, but every morning the phones have all reverted back to being an hour ahead than what they should be. How can I get the phone system to remember what time setting it should have.

Thanks

Reply to
Vicki
Loading thread data ...

How are you setting the time? This must be done via the ESM (GUI) interface. You should **never** attempt to program the 3300 via the telnet/command line interface.

Log in to the web gui click on system administration set time & date from there.

There are (I think) as many as four file systems on the 3300; EMEM (voice mail), SX2K Call Control, VXWorks subsystem and the ESM. The ESM keeps it all synchronized and happy. Only when programmed through the ESM (GUI) are all the interrelated file systems "happy".

In a very soon-to-be upcoming release for the 3300, the SX2000 Call Control command line (telnet) interface will be locked for edit and only allow read access to the programming forms.

Reply to
Mitel Lurker <wdg

Mitel Lurker How are you setting the time?

I set the time using the ESM (GUI) interface. - By logging into the web GUI, selecting Group Administration Tool, selecting Manage System Options, and then selecting Change Date and Time.

I've been doing this in the morning; This resets all the phones to the correct time, and they remain that way all day, by the time I arrive at work the next morning the system time is an hour fast again. I guess that it is synching time from some time server over night but I do not know where this setting would be stored.

Reply to
Vicki

OK that is the correct way. Obviously something else is wrong.

Unless I missed something that day in class, there is no means to time-synch the 3300 to another source **UNLESS** you're using OPS-MAN to manage the system. Even then it's an option you have to conciously enable and OPS-MAN is ordinarily capable of keeping track of the time change. (Do not confuse this time of day synch with network synch for clocking T1 or PRI trunks)

Anyway, I can save you a phone call and tell you exactly what Mitel Product Support will tell you. Upgrade to the latest release, then see if you're still experiencing the problem. I say this because I see nothing listed in the KPI (known product issues) relating to a time problem. That doesn't mean there's not an obscure bug out there someplace, just that no one's reported it yet.

The most recent load for your 3300 is release 5.1.4.8. This will be a major upgrade for you because you'll be going from a 4-dot to a 5-dot release. There's several things to be aware of when making the jump to

5.1.x so make sure whoever does it has reqd through the release notes. The required software is free, but you may have to pay your maintenance shop to come out and do it. It doesn't take very long, but will require an outage and a system reboot. Done right, the whole job shouldn't take over an hour and yes, it can even be performed remotely. Unless you've made prior arrangements for remote software upgrades I'd suggest having a tech there.
Reply to
Mitel Lurker <wdg

I had a similar problem. I found out from Linksys that my RT41P2-AD Router/TA was using the time on my ISP's server. I am in the Eastern Time Zone but my ISP is located in the Central Time Zone. When I set the Time Zone to Central, the router kept the correct time.

Reply to
Earl F. Parrish

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.