Wrong Time Shown in Vonage Caller ID

I have a Vonage (Canada) VoIP number and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

I'm using an Aastra 392 (aka a Nortel Vista 392 screen phone) 2 line phone. Line one is on Bell Canada in the 905-282-XXXX exchange. Line

2 is Vonage Canada through the Linksys PSP2 adapter in the 416-628-XXXX exchange.

The problem is that the phone with reset the display clock to conform with the last Caller ID information available. Bell Canada is sending the correct time (Eastern Daylight Time) on inbound calls, but Vonage is sending Eastern Standard Time. So whenever I receive a call on Vonage, my screen phone resets itself to EST, when we are currently in EDT, and the clock is then 1 hour slow until the next call comes in on Bell Canada to put it back into EDT.

Theoretically this problem will disappear when we go back to EST in the fall, but is there a way to get Vonage to update their clock before then?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Farrar
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.