FTC Complaint Against Lingo / Primus Telecommunications

FYI, here's the essential text of a complaint I filed against Primus Telecommunications with the Federal Trade Commission yesterday:

===

I ordered the Lingo service in September and was charged for it and as I was setting up the service I had a problem setting up the "Call Forwarding Always" feature. When I phoned the Lingo technical service department I learned that the forwarding feature has restrictions not previously mentioned: in particular, the service will not forward to toll-free numbers (e.g. 800, 877, 866). I then called the cancelation department to cancel the Lingo service and receive a full refund, but the person answering the phone there [in India, actually] who claimed to be a supervisor flatly refused to issue a full refund.

In late September I formally complained to Primus Telecommunications in writing (certified letter), but never received a reply.

-- Daniel Norton

Reply to
Daniel Norton
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.