Sunrocket VOIP Problems continue

About an hour ago I got an email notice that my sunrocket voice mail had taken a message. The annoying thing is that I was at home and in never rang.

Outbound calls are worse - Many times I get a standard busy signal or it just don't ring. After a few repeat tries, I dial on my POTS line and it goes through. Often I'm calling places that have voice mail roll-over so even without the POTS I know it's an SR service problem

These things have been happening since I set up the service ~ 9 months ago. Wonder when they'll get it fixed.

Terry

Reply to
Terry Smith
Loading thread data ...

Hi Terry. Have you tried asking at

formatting link
and/or
formatting link

Esteban

Reply to
Esteban Nunez

No - but thanks for the suggestion

More then wanting to find out, I just want to make sure folks understand the down-side.

Esteban

Reply to
Terry Smith

Nine months of poor service? I would find another provider. I have good luck with exgn.net.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Roberts

They won't (or not for long.) Go visit dslreports.com - every other trouble thread is about SR. They suck. Go elsewhere.

Reply to
Dan Swartzendruber

I bought 1 year of service. Since I have POTS, to fall back on, SR problems aren't to bad for me and it is a cheap way to have a 2nd number.

Just want other to know in case they're thinking of having it as their sole Telco service

Jonathan

Reply to
Terry Smith

The 1 yr is not an issue. SR will issue a pro-rated refund if you cancel before the yr is up.

Reply to
Dan Swartzendruber

Actually Dan I just got around to visiting dslreports.com as you suggested. SR is ranked in the Smooth ride column. I suspect many rating SR may not realize that many of the busy signals are not caused by the other end being 'off hook'. The traditional Telco's use a different sound to indicate 'no circuits'.

They won't (or not for long.) Go visit dslreports.com - every other trouble thread is about SR. They suck. Go elsewhere.

Reply to
Terry Smith

SunRocket has fixed any issues they may have been having. Here's an e-mail that some users have received:

Dear xxxxxx,

This week, SunRocket released two network fixes which addressed some quality issues you may have experienced. The first fix addressed the following:

When calling out you heard nothing "dead air" and neither did your called party. When calling out you heard nothing "dead air" but the called party could hear you. Your phone would ring for a new call but you heard nothing "dead air" when you picked up your receiver. The issues above were related to a problem within our network that caused interrupted voice communications. (For our techies: Our session boarder controllers experienced a resource issue causing intermittent impact to SIP messaging and RTP streams.) This issue has been resolved.

The second fix corrected a ring-tone problem with outbound calling. For some customers, while outbound calls were typically connected, a ring-tone was not provided prior to the called party picking up. This issue was related to a particular devise distributed by SunRocket and has also been corrected.

If you have an open service ticket related solely to one of these two problems, we will be closing out your ticket as resolved. If you have an open service ticket related to any other concern or if you experienced these issues in addition to other problems, your ticket will remain open and will be addressed individually.

Reply to
ukcats4218016

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.