Sunrocket VOIP call problems.

For the last 2 days there have been times when I try to make a call via SunRocket service and it doesn't go through. In all case's I was able to make the call via POTS. Likewise using the same POTS when I can't call out I try calling my SR phone number. I get an 'all circuits busy' signal.

Hope this is just growing pains cause I otherwise like the service

Reply to
Bob Alan
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
mattjohnson2005

Sunrocket problems continuing... I received this today

Date: September 9, 2005 12:05:29 PM CDT Reply-To: snipped-for-privacy@SunRocket.com

SunRocket is currently experiencing a significant network disruption. This means that you may not be able to receive or make calls from your SunRocket phone until this issue is resolved. Please maintain an alternative means of contacting Emergency Service should you need it while our service is down.

We are doing everything we can to isolate the problem and restore service. As soon as we know more we will send you an update. We will also post any additional details on the My Home page of the Member Account Manager.

We understand that this situation causes tremendous inconvenience to you, and we sincerely apologize for the interruption of service.

Sincerely,

Kevin Bennis Chief Executive Officer SunRocket, Inc.

Reply to
MattJhsn

Yes I got the same msg. I sure wish they had a network status page so we could track what's going wrong.

I just sent the following

----- Original Message ----- From: "Transfer" To: Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 8:05 PM Subject: Network status web page - SunRocket needs one

Kevin Bennis

Dear Kevin

I was the Network Mngr for the 2nd largest network in the Dept of Defense. As you have done, I always sent a customer email when there were network problems or planned outages. More importantly I had a network status web page which described what we were doing to fix the problem. Yes is takes time to keep the page current but the time is more then offset in the tremendous drop in trouble calls and it goes a long way to reducing the frustration customers feel when there are problems

Bob

Date: September 9, 2005 12:05:29 PM CDT Reply-To: snipped-for-privacy@SunRocket.com

SunRocket is currently experiencing a significant network disruption. This means that you may not be able to receive or make calls from your SunRocket phone until this issue is resolved. Please maintain an alternative means of contacting Emergency Service should you need it while our service is down.

We are doing everything we can to isolate the problem and restore service. As soon as we know more we will send you an update. We will also post any additional details on the My Home page of the Member Account Manager.

We understand that this situation causes tremendous inconvenience to you, and we sincerely apologize for the interruption of service.

Sincerely,

Kevin Bennis Chief Executive Officer SunRocket, Inc.

Reply to
Bob Alan

Boy, you guys obviously haven't had the Broadvoice experience. At least SunRocket had the balls and courtesy to come right out and admit they were having big problems. Broadvoice just buries their head in the sand, doesn't answer their phones, and doesn't even resolve the problems even after months!

Reply to
B.M. Wright

As of Saturday, Sept 10th, I'm back up. I did have to power-cycle and it seems to be working again so far. -Matt

Reply to
MattJhsn

You are right, knowing is better then not knowing. I respect them for that. I also suspect that the problems are coming from overselling the service beyond their capacity. An easy thing to do if you are on your way to success. -Matt

Reply to
MattJhsn

After multiple recurring and unsolved issues for the past eight weeks, I've finally decided to terminate service with SunRocket.

As I live in the Washington, DC metro area and the NOC is in Northern Virginia I chose to use them.

Great pricing, and the service was very reliable UNTIL I ported my two home phones.

Service has been horrible...

Continuing echo problems (and their incessant requests for a QoS report with no resolution) and this final network meltdown was just too much.

I've switched to Packet8 as I could quickly purchase their VOIP router at my local CompUSA, got a mail-in rebate for zero cost on this item, first month free and no activation.

$19.99 month-to-month.

Although their NOC is in California, I've experienced NO latency issues and all calls have been flawless.

Please note that ALL the major VOIP carriers charge the Federal regulatory fee - how does SunRocket get around this? Just pay it themselves or is there something fishy here?

In short, SunRocket is a joke and prospective customers need this information to make an INFORMED decision!

Now, how long to port my home phone numbers FROM SunRocket and to my new provider?

I will do my best to "encourage" SunRocket to do so as quickly as they can!

MattJhsn wrote:

Reply to
Bill K

Does anyone know of a voip provider that provides system status web page and that keeps it current.

My frustration with SR wouldn't be so bad if I knew what they were doing. Yesterday I had almost no service, today it seemed up 50%.

As I live in the Washington, DC metro area and the NOC is in Northern Virginia I chose to use them.

Great pricing, and the service was very reliable UNTIL I ported my two home phones.

Service has been horrible...

Continuing echo problems (and their incessant requests for a QoS report with no resolution) and this final network meltdown was just too much.

I've switched to Packet8 as I could quickly purchase their VOIP router at my local CompUSA, got a mail-in rebate for zero cost on this item, first month free and no activation.

$19.99 month-to-month.

Although their NOC is in California, I've experienced NO latency issues and all calls have been flawless.

Please note that ALL the major VOIP carriers charge the Federal regulatory fee - how does SunRocket get around this? Just pay it themselves or is there something fishy here?

In short, SunRocket is a joke and prospective customers need this information to make an INFORMED decision!

Now, how long to port my home phone numbers FROM SunRocket and to my new provider?

I will do my best to "encourage" SunRocket to do so as quickly as they can!

MattJhsn wrote:

Reply to
Bob Alan

This seems like a bump in the road to me. Every VoIP provider will have issues as it grows. None of them are perfect yet. I've been happy with my SR service, especially with the money I'm saving and am definitely willing to see them through this.

Reply to
ukcats4218016

I agree, with the exception of this past situation, I have had no problems with my service. We have to remember we are dealing with internet phone and not land lines, so I would think some problems are going to occur.. This is still a fairly new market. I think people are too quick to jump ship on this one.

At least for me I have only had this one problem since signing up for them. I have had friends who were with packet8 and had the same type of problem more frequently, also friends who have had some of the other services had problems at times as well. just food for thought

Reply to
adabristian

I agree. Overall, my experience with SunRocket has been very positive. I am happier with VoIP than I imagined I would be. There is a certain amount of leeway than must be afforded these companies as the technology and the industry grow and become better established.

Reply to
ukcats4218016

One concern I have - is now that, according to CEO email the SR service is "back up" . I still get busy signals on calls to places that I know are not busy. On my POTS lines the calls go through

adabristian wrote:

I agree. Overall, my experience with SunRocket has been very positive. I am happier with VoIP than I imagined I would be. There is a certain amount of leeway than must be afforded these companies as the technology and the industry grow and become better established.

Reply to
Bob Alan

I've heard a few people claiming they have had firmware pushed over the last few days. Maybe, you haven't gotten there yet. mine has been working great over the last few days.

Reply to
ukcats4218016

Curious how one detects this firmware Rev?

What I suspect is that many folks that get a busy signal, don't give it a

2nd thought. they think the number they are calling is in use and just try agn later.

Bob

Bob Alan wrote:

I've heard a few people claiming they have had firmware pushed over the last few days. Maybe, you haven't gotten there yet. mine has been working great over the last few days.

Reply to
Bob Alan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.