Sunrocket Calls frequently don't go through

I started Sunrocket service in August. I am amazed how often calls don't go through

I kept my regular phone service which allows me to check when I get a busy signal via SR. I estimate that at least 15% of the times I try to make a call I get a busy signal to numbers that I know are not busy. This may not sound like much but when you need to get through it's a problem. I've now doing a double check, besides confirming that I can get through on my regular phone, I also call my other phone number. Sure enough I get a busy signal.

Also occasionally get email alerts that I have a SR voice messages. Problem is I was sitting by the phone and it never range. While I'm happy at least some of the calls to be are making it to voice mail, I wonder how often folks are just not getting a connection.

I'm sure glad I didn't cancel my POTS.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Alan
Loading thread data ...

Is it a fast busy (congestion) or a slow busy (the destination phone is off-hook)?

This is probably the worst aspect of using an outside company for gatewaying the PSTN (public switched telephone network) signal into SIP for you. For outgoing calls they might be nice enough to send you a fast busy, for incoming calls you may never find out that one got dropped.

Personally I would doubt the financial health of any company that spams as much as Sunrocket does on the various usenet newsgroups. In that past that has always been an indication that the company is in financial distress. You wouldn't expect a company that is trying hard to save money to buy lots of spare tie-lines to the phone central office just so they can meet the lower probability service peaks.

Here in California the phone company gets to force you to keep a POTS dial-tone if you have DSL. It has come in handy for folks calling me to tell me my incoming VOIP was down. (I just love those unannounced configuration changes...)

-wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht

They send the slow busy signal, which is why most SR users probably don't realize it's a problem with SR not being able to handle the call.

"Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" wrote > I kept my regular phone service which allows me to check when I get a busy

Is it a fast busy (congestion) or a slow busy (the destination phone is off-hook)?

This is probably the worst aspect of using an outside company for gatewaying the PSTN (public switched telephone network) signal into SIP for you. For outgoing calls they might be nice enough to send you a fast busy, for incoming calls you may never find out that one got dropped.

Personally I would doubt the financial health of any company that spams as much as Sunrocket does on the various usenet newsgroups. In that past that has always been an indication that the company is in financial distress. You wouldn't expect a company that is trying hard to save money to buy lots of spare tie-lines to the phone central office just so they can meet the lower probability service peaks.

Here in California the phone company gets to force you to keep a POTS dial-tone if you have DSL. It has come in handy for folks calling me to tell me my incoming VOIP was down. (I just love those unannounced configuration changes...)

-wolfgang

Reply to
Bob Alan

Service has been really good for me over the past few months. I wonder if it has to do with your internet connection. With regards to SR spamming, I don't think they do that. I think that's a few people who think they can get cash out of referrals by doing all that.

Reply to
ukcats4218016

They don't!? Look at the subject titles in this newsgroup. Every one starting with "Sunrocket Promotion" or "Sunrocket Coupon" or "Sunrocket free phones") is spam. I count over 40 since August. That's what kept me away from them.

Reply to
Ray

Oh, I've seen the spam, but it's not coming from SunRocket. It's from actual customers who are posting their own phone numbers as promotional codes in hopes of racking up reward points via SR. Don't blame SunRocket for the actions of some of its subscribers.

Reply to
ukcats4218016

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.