Sipura questions

I have been reading up about Sipura and looked at the forums on Voxilla.

The SPA3000 looks good, but it doesn't offer QoS.

Does anyone here use the SPA2100 and know if you can use several different SIP accounts for outgoing calls (using a dial plan) like you can on the 3000.

Also, as it has 2 FXS ports I assume you can have 2 incoming SIP accounts.

Can anyone confirm this please.

Thanks, David (in the UK)

Reply to
David Floyd
Loading thread data ...

The voice features on the 2100 are virtually identical to the 2000. The

3000 has some unique features due to the FXO interface.

I am using both 2100s and 3000s in my network. Both work great, and have a lot of dial plan flexibility. The firmware is very stable and reliable.

Mike Schumann

Reply to
Mike Schumann

Each FSX channel is seperate, so you can have a different SIP account for each. Outbound, you should be able to imbed the same information in the dial plan that you can in the 2000, eventhough I have never tried to do exactly what you want to do.

Try the Sipura forum at

formatting link
You might find more info there.

Good Luck, Mike Schumann

Reply to
Mike Schumann

In message of Sat, 2 Apr 2005, Mike Schumann writes

Thanks for replying. As you are using a 2100 are you able to answer my query as above ( and repeated here following) ie:

Do you know if the SPA2100 can use several different SIP accounts for OUTGOING calls (using a dial plan) like you can on the 3000.

Also, as it has 2 FXS ports I assume you can have 2 incoming SIP accounts.

Many thanks,

David (in the UK)

Reply to
David Floyd

In message of Sat, 2 Apr 2005, Mike Schumann writes

I know nothing about the 2000, I was trying to make a comparison with the 3000 (which you say you also use) and whether outbound calls can use many different SIP accounts (eg gw1-gw4) by using dial plans as with the

3000)

I have spent many hours searching that forum, but there is very little on there about the 2100.

Many thanks, David

Reply to
David Floyd

I use the 2000 as I don't need an FXO port or a built in router and it works fine. I have an intermittent problem in that calls between the 2 'lines' don't always work (no audio) but I think that's a NAT problem. Not that I need to phone myself very often ;-)

Apart from that it's an excellent unit, very flexible. Works well as 2 of the incoming lines on my PABX.

Reply to
Ivor Jones

The voice programming on the 2100 is similar to the FXS port on the 3000. The 2100 has 2 FXS ports that are independant, just like the 2000.

Unless you are doing something very unusual, the 2100 should work for you. With the price being only ~$90, I would suggest you buy one and try it. If you can't make it work, you shouldn't have any trouble unloading it on e-bay at a minor discount.

Good luck, Mike Schumann

Reply to
Mike Schumann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.