I'm considering switching my home office voice and fax to a VOIP service and have some questions. Thank you in advance for your help.
- We have a Motorola surfboard cable modem and an old Linksys wireless B router. Is this ok for VOIP?
- The cable modem is in my downstairs office and the fax machine is upstairs in my wife's office and it really needs to stay that way. How would I hook her fax machine up if the adapter has to be next to our cable modem?
- It is also important that we keep our existing numbers. The voip companies say our numbers qualify for that but I keep reading horror stories on getting those numbers switched over. Any advice here?
- Vonage seems to have the biggest marketing budget but are they the best? I'd rather spend extra money and get the best if there is a best.
- I have a two line Uniden 5.6 ghz cordless phone in my office. One line is our home number (which I will not switch to voip) and the other is my home office number (which would be switched to voip). I'm assuming having one line voip and another line a regular voice line is ok since both would each be plugged into the base unit.
Any other words of wisdom would be appreciated.
Thank you for your help.