[SOHO] Free/cheap PBX for Windows?

Hello

Besides the three options below, does someone know of a free or cheap PBX software that can run on Windows? This is just for SOHO use.

Asterisk on Win32 (still using 1.0.10; don't know how reliable on Windows, and what hardware it supports)

formatting link
OnDO PBX and SIP Server (don't know the difference between the two; free for personal use)
formatting link
Axon Virtual PBX Software (free)
formatting link
To connect to the POTS, since the Digium PCI cards only run with Asterisk, and unless you can recommend other (affordable) PCI cards, I'm thinking of buying a VoIP gateway box such as the Sipura 3000. Any other recommendation?

Thank you.

Reply to
Vincent Delporte
Loading thread data ...

Also, you can run Asterisk (the Linux version) under VMware (there is a free edition out now). However, I am curious why you don't want to run Asterisk on Linux?

Reply to
Jonathan Roberts

I don't know about the person who posted the original question, but I'm also looking for a PBX that is open source (or open API), and is windows based.

The reason is that I have spent a lot of time developing with Visual Sudio, which I find very productive - and very rich in terms of out of the box functionality.

Things may have changed, but 5 years ago I spent a month or two converting over to Linux and using the available tool sets for all my development. Free sounded very attractive!

But the development tool set was the real problem. It was like going back 10 years or more.

We do run Asterisk, and think it is great, but we don't do any development on it - apart from configuration.

I'd love to be able to get some better integration between Asterisk and our enterprise management system (CRM etc), but I have decided I can't be competent in multiple development enviroments.

Having got hooked on Asterisk, the "free" part is no longer the most important part. I'd pay money to be able to easily enhance and/or interface with it.

Robert.

J> > Hello

Reply to
robert.wilkinson

Why do you care about Windows? Run

formatting link
on a dediacted machine, and you'll be much happier. You have to have a dedicated machine anyway, or your PBX isn't going to be very reliable...

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Because I don't have any Linux server, and I'd rather not have to set up another host just to route calls. That's why I'm looking at free/afordable PBX software for Windows.

Reply to
Vincent Delporte

As someone else pointed out, you will need a dedicated box either way. Good luck on your Windows hunt. I have heard that Axon is good but don't know anything about it.

Reply to
Jonathan Roberts

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Reply to
Vincent Delporte

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.