Yahoo VOIP - the price war is on

Things seem to be getting very interesting in the battle of the internet titans. Yahoo has just released some details of their upcoming VOIP offering. See:

formatting link
$30/year DID (phone number for incoming incoming calls) 1 cent/minute for domestic calls 1.9 cents/minute for calling 30 countries

I wonder how the established players will react. This is definitely going to cause some pain for the small mom and pop companies.

-wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht
Loading thread data ...

Thus spaketh Wolfgang S. Rupprecht:

Still not as cheap as.

formatting link
formatting link
and
formatting link
where for a small initial fee you get free calls to landlines of several countries.

Reply to
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

You get free calls to various countries for now -- now idea how long that will go on for, though. For example, Voipbuster recently dropped UK as free country. And sister (nonVoip) company call18866 hiked their connection charges from 1p to 4p - but still no charge per minute.

Reply to
Stephen Todd

Great, when we dial out, instead of conventional ringing, we'll hear that old "Ya-hoooooooooo" from the TV commercials!

"Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@bonnet.wsrcc.com...

Reply to
Henry Cabot Henhouse III

Yes, there is no guarantee to how long these free calls will last, I managed to get around 7 months free calls to UK lines out of VoIP Buster, and now use SIP Discount (via my ATA) for the last few months.

I used to have a BT line and use 18866, 1899 and more recently 18185, I was with them, when they had a per minute charge, and then they dropped that to zero pence per minute, however I dropped my BT landline and now use VoIP for my calls (Broadband via Telewest).

Might as well make use of the free calls whilst they last, plus the above VoIP services are not limited to the UK or EU.

Reply to
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.