VoIP - POTS Patch

If one of the two calls weren't established and your voip/pstn gateway provider allowed you to use your own equipment then you could use something like the Sipura SPA-3000 to answer the PSTN call, and allow the caller to dial another number via your VOIP-to-PSTN service.

If you really want to bridge two established phone calls then the only way I can think of is to set up a conference bridge and transfer both calls to that. The open-source program "asterisk" does that, but it seems like an awful lot of tinkering just to allow established calls to be bridged. It would be simpler if you could get one of the party on the voip leg to hang up and wait for a call back.

-wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht
Loading thread data ...

I am suscribed to a VOIP provider which allows me to make free calls to the

48 states. I have however kept my POTS system intact. I would like however, to find a way through which I can patch an established incoming call in the POTS line to an established call on the VOIP line (or vice-versa). Is this possible? What additional equipment do I need? Where can I get such equipment? Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Art

Reply to
Art

Sounds like you want to be able to make free calls from any phone by patching through your POTS:VoiP connection.

Reply to
Rick Merrill

The Sipura 3000 should fulfill the requirement. Here is a link to the product page:

formatting link

Reply to
Vox Humana

Do you mean allow a caller on one line to dial out on another, or do you mean conference two established calls together..? A device like the Sipura

3000 will do the former, while pretty much any PBX system will do the latter. If you don't have or don't need/want a PBX then a 2-line phone such as the BT Converse 2025 will do the job. It's a UK product but I'm sure someone in the US produces something similar.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

You can get a "combine-a-line" to join the pstn and voip to a single point for ease of use. No power supply and the hum, and all lines surge protected to save your equipment. Low cost, new and very reliable.

formatting link

Marco

Reply to
Marc Popek

Give it a rest, nobody here is interested in your spam.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

And if you are on one line and someone calls the other line while you have a combine-a-line connected, the second caller gets dumped and you don't even know they called. The device doesn't conference the lines, it just switches from one to the other. Then, the last incoming call determines the default line, which is a problem if it is connected to your phone system in a remote area.

Reply to
Vox Humana

art tou nhave describd the clt exaclty!

formatting link
?ViewItem&ih=020&item=300028799587&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
formatting link

Description

COMBINE-A-LINE ?? IMAGINE

?.1=2

Ever wish you could use your favorite single-line telephone, answering machine, or PC Modem on TWO phone lines??. Automatically?

OR

How about joining your VOIP port and the plain old (PSTN) telephone jack into a single handset?

OR

How about joining TWO VOIP ports into a single handset, answering machine, or PC Modem?

USE a CLT to join a card card acceptor and your single line telephone as well!

OR

see if anybody picks-up, on another line trunk, after you are already in a call??? A visual real-time security feedback feature!

THEN...........................................

Combine-A-Line (CLT) allows two separate calls from two different lines to be directed to your single line telephone equipment or PC. Centralizing and PROTECTING (SURGE PROTECTION INSIDE) your communication equipment for your home office or for the family.

Combine-A-Line supports all services from your telephone company . It also has two line surge protectors to make sure that you are Protecting your equipment and bi-color LEDS to indicate line tampering.

Use combine-a-line to automatically switch between

VOIP and pots (rboc) plain local line, hands free!

Turn your single line wireless telephone... into a TWO line wireless telephone suite

Ever see a two line dial up modem? Now you can use a CLT to join two pstn line to your computer modem, creating a central telephone system on a regular desktop computer.

SECURITY of your calls are enhanced because the CLT displays if anybody picks -up the line after you are in a call! So, it has security features just in case someone is wire tapping or listens in after you are in a call. The Bi-color LED display will indicate any disruption to the line.

Easy to use, No batteries nor power supply ...these wall powered units makes more noise and cost decades of dollars in electrical energy use each year!, and no programming needed!

Our re-sellers have reported that ..."elimination of the noisy and cumbersome power supply wires, "reduces the Hum & Noise one hears then when connected to household power supplies",

Saves Wasted Energy from wall- wart transformer power supplies: saving energy $$$ all year long" no cost to operate, saves you money in your utility bill", Energy Council Amercias

Extra dedicated rj-11 jacks. Universal I/O . More connections with four rj-11 jacks total, all surge protected.

Automate and organize your telecommunications equipment and desktop wires with Combine-A-Line.

USE BUY NOW and win fast

Buy NOw and get 2 combine-a-lines and get FREE SHIPPING OPTION

WOW FREE SHIPPING!

Reply to
LVMarc

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.