configure SPA-3000 to dial without answering?

I'm loaning my SPA-2000 and SPA-3000 to a friend who wants to have his office line available to him at home. I thought it would be a good experiment because I'd like to do similar things eventually.

I have learned quite a bit about the SPA configurations but I'm stumped by a detail.

The PSTN line of the SPA-3000 is configured to use a dialplan of ":1234" to contact my Asterisk server. This is the corresponding entry in extensions.conf. exten => 1234,1,Dial(SIP/officephone) (I'm just making it ring the office phone when the office line is called for now.)

The problem is that as soon as the call appears on the PSTN, the SPA-3000 goes off-hook and passes the call to Asterisk. (I'm not sure of the order.) I don't want it to go off-hook unless the call is answered.

I suspect that there's a special dialplan or dial command option for this but I'm not seeing it in the Sipura User Guide or in Asterisk's dial command. I would expect many installations to want this functionality (and I've done it without the SPA-3000) but I'm not finding references to it.

Any pointers?

Thank you.

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird
Loading thread data ...

Yes it is possible, needs a 'trick' but nothing too terrible I think. I have a feeling that a lot of folks want this functionality, so I'm hoping Sipura will address it directly at some point. In the meantime follow this link:

formatting link

-Tom

------------------------------------- Kyler Laird wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------##

Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive

formatting link
no-spam read and post WWW interface to your favorite newsgroup -

comp.dcom.voice-over-ip - 1166 messages and counting!

##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
tomc

Ah! That *is* terrible (because it shouldn't be required) but it's wonderful that someone figured out an end-run around Sipura. (Why does Sipura work so hard at making good hardware difficult to use?)

Thank you for passing along the info!

Now I have to rethink my recent advice not to buy SPA-3000s...

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.