2 Sipgate numbers behind one router..?

Yes I've been looking at that one, it seems ok, will it work with 2 Sipgate accounts..? Has anyone successfully got it working in this configuration..?

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones
Loading thread data ...

Ivor:

My Sipgate / Babble / FWD connections work without a DMZ being set up, (using Draytek router). Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

My Netgear router requires the DMZ to be set to the IP of the SIP device. Anyway I've given up with the ATA-486's now, I'll be getting a Sipura SPA-2000 which I'm told will do the job. Seen some for a very good price on eBay..! I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW Sipgate seems to have fallen over at the moment...

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

No.

Reply to
Rick Merrill

I'm skeptical, shall we say, but I'd never say 'never'. First, I'm certain you have to have an IP for each TA; second, afaik most TA on the market has the capability (when enabled) to supply 2 lines. third, most TA must go Between the modem and the router so that it can do QoS by throttling back traffic other than voice - therefore there can be only one TA in a configuration (I'm talking about a broadband connection to home or business). fourth, each TA must be provisioned by the VoIP supplier by the TA's MAC address.

In other words you're allowed only 1 TA (telephone adapter) imho.

Reply to
Rick Merrill
[snip]

No as in you haven't got it working or no as in no it can't be done..?

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

I think you're misunderstanding me here - if the SPA-2000 has 2 individually configurable phone ports then I only *need* one ATA - presumably the device only presents one IP address to the router..? If both these are true then it will do what I want. I was only trying to get

2 ATA-486's working because (a) that's what I had and (b) that device only has a single phone port.

The ATA doesn't *have* to go between the modem and the router, it's ideal for QoS as you say but if you have a combined modem/router, which is more common than separate devices, what do you do then..? I have a single ATA-486 plugged into my Ethernet hub along with several PC's and a printer server and they all work fine, it's only since adding the 2nd ATA that problems have arisen, hence my requirement for a device with 2 phone ports but a single IP address.

I've seen some SPA-2000's on eBay for a reasonable price so I think I'll take the plunge..!

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.